Working leaner and greener is top of mind for many companies right now. One way employers are curbing costs is through virtual job fairs, a professional meet-and-greet that occurs online, in real time, with only your laptop needed.
Virtual job fairs are not only convenient for employers – they’re also an excellent resource for truck drivers who seldom have time to scour the web for jobs or attend in-person networking events.
Truck drivers are in high demand, and employers are leveraging the power of the Internet to get them to apply for truck driving jobs. In fact, the very first virtual job fair for the trucking industry was just launched, with hundreds of truck drivers in attendance.
The event, sponsored by CareersInGear.com and DriverJobs.com, facilitated connections between employers and both experienced and entry-level truck drivers.
For those that don’t have their CDL license, CareersinGear.com provides a search engine that lists accredited truck driving schools.
If you’ve already received your CDL and want to attend a virtual career fair, it is important you prepare as though you would be attending an onsite interview. Here are a few things to remember:
1. Have your resume polished, updated, and ready to submit.
2. If possible, prepare in advance for the event by researching the employers attending.
3. Be prepared to submit three references that can attest to your work ethic.
4. Use professional language when conversing online with employers.
5. Give at least two phone numbers and an email address to ensure the interested employer can get ahold of you in case you will be on the road.
The next trucking virtual career fair sponsored by DriverJobs.com and CareersinGear.com will be held September 28 from 11AM to 5PM CT. Click here to register now.